|The loaf was lovely and moist inside and I loved the texture of the almonds.. I am an almond lover!|
Such a simple recipe which I adapted from Simply Recipes.
4 semi ripe bananas, mashed (or ripe if you prefer!)
190g plain flour
80g butter, melted
150g granulated sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 & 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
50g chopped dark chocolate
70g flaked almonds
1) Preheat the oven to 175C.
2) Line a 4x8" loaf pan with baking paper
3) Using a large mixing bowl, mix the bananas and the butter
4) Mix in the sugar, egg, baking powder, salt and vanilla
5) Add in the flour
6) Gently stir through the chocolate and flaked almonds
7) Bake for 60-70 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean
8) Leave to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.